Today developers – and more daring users – already installed the first preview of Android or on their devices Nexus and Pixel to tailor applications and spin the news of the next version of Android.
Other users who want to wait for the official launch of the final version of Android or Android 8.0 Oreo? you will have to wait until the second half of the year, in particular at the end of the third quarter of the year.
Calendar of updates
Through the web page of Android Developer Preview we have the calendar of previous versions of Android or next to the date of the final release, which would be between July and September. Android N came out at the end of August, with what Android or could go on those dates.
- March: Preview 1 (initial release, alpha)
- May: 2 Preview (incremental update, beta)
- June: 3 Preview (end APIs and SDK, Play official publishing)
- July: 4 Preview (near-end system images for final testing)
- August-September: Final release to AOSP and ecosystem
The next preview will arrive in may, probably during the Google I/O 2017 developer event which will take place from 17 to 19 May. Then each month there will be a new preview to launch the final version between August and September. In July there will be a very close to the final version.