What camping: sleeping bag, tent, the classic Swiss army knife and then? What do you need on a camping trip? Things to bring when camping aim to meet two fundamental needs, sanitation and food.
What do you need on a camping trip, see the checklist from Zipcodesexplorer.
The checklists are a great tool to help organize camping holidays. The list of things to bring camping varies depending on the type of holiday, on length of camping and activities you have planned. On this page you will find a general list of things to take on a camping trip, feel free to add or remove items to suit your personal needs.
It may be summer,winter tent or tent for camping pitches (easy to assemble and disassemble) or sedentary (more robust and cumbersome to assemble).
- Sleeping bag
Also in this case it may be summer or winter, with ability to move legs or closed, single or double.
- Rope, pickets and any tools to secure the tent.
- Air pump and puncture repair kit (if you have chosen the air mattress).
- Storage boxes (for storing clothes, blankets etc.)
- Refrigerant system
- Propane portable kitchen
- Pots and pans with lids
- Charcoal or firewood
- Grill or portable grill
- Dishes, cutlery and other tableware
- Roll of aluminum
- Bottle opener
- Can opener
- Sugar, salt, potato peeler, tinned food, pasta, long-life vacuum food, sausages, nuts, almonds and other nuts.
- Hot chocolate, tea bags, coffee …
- Detergent (dishwashing detergents, laundry detergents, toiletries)
- Large plastic container to wash pots and pans
- Large container for clothes (there are also “washing machines” inflatable)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Brush to clean the tent
- Toilet paper
- Portable shower
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Lighting (torches, oil or solar lanterns …)
- Insect repellent candles
- Insect repellent cream
- Maps or GPS
- Camp chairs
- BioLite, electric generator and stove
- Camping table
- Fishing tackle (for camping by the Lake)
- Extra hooks and ropes
- Drying rack for laundry
- Swiss army knife
- Plastic bags to collect the rubbish
- Baby carrier
- Insulating tape
- Small sewing kit (needle, thread and a few buttons)
- Small shovel/rake
- Portable water bottle
- Smartphone with solar charger
- Emergency kit
- Other camping comforts (electrical generators, dollies, accessories hitech …)