According to Digopaul, a fan is an instrument that allows air to move and facilitates cooling in the face of high temperatures. It consists of two parts: the country (consisting of fabric, paper or leather) and the deck, a rigid and foldable base.
Its operation is manual and consists of shaking the arm that supports it with a certain intensity, to achieve an air current that reduces the sensation of heat. The origin of the fan is in Japan, although its use spread throughout the world. The fan is widely used in regions such as Andalusia, for example.
Although its construction is very simple, the fan is also considered a fashion accessory, so the most important manufacturers take into account different factors associated with the design and quality of the product.
In general, the fan is used by adult women. However, many young women also use it and, even, lines for men have been developed.
In terms of cooling, the fan has lost much of its terrain after the invention of the fan (an electric device with blades that rotate at high speed) and air conditioning (or air conditioner).
On the other hand, the concept of fan allows us to name anything that has a shape similar to that of the traditional fan, such as the peacock’s tail, for example.
Fan is also the series of options or proposals that are presented so that someone can choose between them: “The range is very wide, but I will stick with the first project. ”
The fan as a means of communication
For many of us, a fan represents an old- fashioned accessory that was intended to help withstand heat when there was no electrical cooling. The reality is that it fulfilled an important function for many women, since it offered them a portable means of communication, which was very useful for them to talk silently among themselves and with men, in environments where protocol did not allow them to pronounce certain words or address certain topics.
As detailed below, the fan was used to establish silent conversations of medium complexity, with details as specific as letters or numbers:
* To express a letter of the alphabet, the fan had to be rotated in one direction and then located in a particular position;
* fanning yourself at high speed meant “I love you intensely”, while doing it slowly and slowly or calmly opening and closing the fan, “I’m married and I’m not interested”;
* a slow shutdown meant “yes”;
* a quick close was the same as saying “no”;
* opening and closing the fan quickly alerted a suitor that the woman was engaged;
* moving the hair with the help of the fan expressed “I think of you” or “I don’t forget you”;
* running their fingers over the rods, as if counting them, meant they wanted to speak privately to the person who was looking at them;
* to reject a man, they only had to cover their faces with the fan, as if it were a matter of hiding from the sun;
* another way of affirming or denying was to place the fan on one cheek, the right being positive and the left being negative;
* hitting an object with the fan represented impatience;
* when a woman held the open fan with both hands, she expressed her wish that the other person would forget her;
* to say “I love you”, it was enough to put the fan on the eyes, leaving the face uncovered, since otherwise it could mean “watch out, someone watches over us”;
* passing the fan over the eyes was the way to apologize.